Friday, November 14, 2014

The Magical Walk

There are days when my morning walk is difficult or annoying. There are other days, most days, really, when it's just blah. On occasion though, my morning walk is amazing. This was one of those days. As I was walking along my driveway, one of the trees was letting hundreds of leaves go. They were flowing all around me, as if I were in some movie. They skittered on the ground, making the cutest little noise. As the wind picked up, many of them blew back into the air, dancing and dancing around me.

I know that this walk lasted no longer than any other, but as that was happening, it really felt like time slowed for me. I know it was only a few seconds, but it was wonderful. Even thinking about it now really fills me with a sense of being caught in the middle of something special.

If you read the blog regularly, you know I usually don't have that great of a relationship with nature. Most of my encounters with nature involve fleas biting me or fire ants attacking me (I still have scars from that) or sunburns. Rarely are my personal moments with nature anything that is wonderful and good.

Today though, today was good. Today was beautiful and magical for me. I'm thankful it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment