Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Heater On

We wanted to hold out as long as possible before turning on the heater, but unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. It's not even late into November, but the heater has had to come on. It's supposed to get very cold tonight and we just can't risk the pipes. We did put it on as low as we could though. We have blankets and that should keep us warm enough.

Last year, my roommate bought me some sweats to wear around on really cold days. I could pull them on, but they were fairly tight. This year, they're still pretty snug, but they fit better than they did. I'm happy about this because they're wonderfully warm. They're also very long in the leg, which means they wrap nicely around my socks and don't ride up. Nothing is worse than waking up in the middle of a cold night with half your leg exposed to the chill.

I wandered around all day in a hat I made last year. I'd hoped it would be enough to inspire me to start working with yarn again, but it didn't. Creatively, I'm still in a void. I can't even begin to explain how frustrating that is for me. I really hope I move past it. I'm actually considering just going for broke and starting an afghan with all the stray yarn I have. At least it would get my hands involved in doing stuff and, honestly, it would be nice to get my random bits of yarn out of the way. I don't know yet. An afghan seems like a big commitment. Then again, what the hell else am I doing?

Anyway, for the most part, my day was good. Therapy went well and I got my errands done. I also got to cuddle with the cats because they're cold. That's always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment