Monday, November 3, 2014

Welcome, Frankie

My best friend's baby girl was born on Nov. 3. I suppose that is yesterday, as I'm writing this past midnight. I am overjoyed to welcome her into the world. I'm glad she's here. After all the stuff we've struggled with in 2014, it is good to know that a new person is joining the fold.

I hope Frankie laughs loud. I hope she never apologizes for her own amusements. I hope she walks proudly and rolls her eyes when people try to stop her from doing so. I hope she brushes off taunts and looks at problems as challenges to be overcome. I hope she's good with money, wonderful with friends, and able to let people find joy for themselves without passing judgement. I hope she's strong. I hope people take her seriously. I hope she feels free.

I know she has good parents and a loving support system. I know she has responsible people around her who will make sure she's taken care of. I know she's going to have her ideas treated with dignity. I know her interests will be explored and encouraged. I know she will feel safe and she'll never go to bed hungry. I am so happy for all of this.

Welcome to the world, Frankie. You are loved and adored already. You always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment