Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Practical if not Pretty

Looks like the decision to make the afghan is a go. I was still debating it until around noon today, when a series of events made me just really anxious to start purging the unused yarn into something useful. I've made some headway on it. I doubt it will be pretty, but it will be very warm. Right now, practicality trumps cuteness in almost all cases.

It's been a long while since I made an afghan. I've forgotten how much mental and emotional junk it can purge from you. There is something about adding rows and rows of straight lines that is quite cleansing to the soul. I have a lot of stuff to work through. This could end up being quite good for me.

Even if that part doesn't pan out, at least I'll be rid of the random balls of stray yarn that are left over from other projects. Instead of being moved from place to place and resorted into nice balls after everything unravels and gets knotted up again, all of it will now exist as a new thing. It will be an afghan of random, mismatched colors. It will serve the purpose of keeping me warm. And all the storage stuff that holds yarn can be put away. The house will be a little less cluttered.

I'm glad I'm doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment