Friday, November 7, 2014

Minor Bits of Productivity

Hey! I was productive(ish) today. To begin with, I made an appointment for my next swab. This is assuming they don't do it when I go to Tulsa on the 17th of December. The appointment is in the morning on the day I go to therapy. This should, in theory, may things easier. We'll see. The end of December tends to be a bit unpredictable.

This next point isn't MY productivity, it's my roommate's. For a week or so now, he's been watching these precooked turkey breasts they had for sale in the deli. Today, he caught them on a very good sale and bought a couple. By good sale, I mean less than three dollars. We get turkey for the holidays! Usually, turkey is way out of our budget and we end up with chicken on dressing. It's nice, but having turkey for a change will be pretty great.

I guess my point of being productive was that I bagged the turkey for freezing. I also took a chicken off the bone. It was already cooked, just to be clear. The chicken was also already roasted and also purchased at a very good sale price. It was turned into bbq chicken to be eaten tomorrow when we get back from seeing my best friend's new baby.

The plumber came today. Finally. Like, after a week of us waiting, he finally showed up. He fixed the thing we wanted him to fix last time and didn't charge us for it. I'm pretty happy about that.

The weather and the time change are really making me tired. Or, I don't know, maybe it's just part of the depression I'm in. I have a feeling this depression is going to last for a while, but we've talked about that before. Even despite it though, I had a good day today. I'm glad of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment