Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Reflections

Thanksgiving has come and gone. I had dinner with my family and then with my roommate. I am full and somewhat over the food already. I know I'll feel differently in the morning. It will be charming again by then. Right now, I really don't want to look at food at all. Thanksgiving fickleness.

I have remained pretty thankful all day. I have a cat sitting by me right now, and I am very thankful for that. I love the comfort and happiness my cats bring to me. They can be TOTAL PILLS sometimes, but when they're good,  they're very good.

It's wonderful that I get to have these moments of love in my life. Sure, the cat thinks it's mostly about her, but I get a lot out of this too. Maybe when I die I won't have memories of children or torrid affairs, but I'll have lots of memories of knowing that animals loved and trusted me. I'm aware that some people would see this as less than, but I don't.

Tomorrow is the official start of the Christmas season. I'm going to do my best to really enjoy it. I'm here to be a part of it, so yay! I'll be enjoying it in my own way, mind you. That's for the best in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment