Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Deconstruction

The afghan is coming along. I'm kind of in that place where I am worried I'll run out of yarn before I finish. This is kind of insane because I know I have enough. It just doesn't quite feel like I do. Some things will look pretty crazy by the end, but that's just how the end of afghans go. I almost wish I wouldn't have made it as long as I did, but on the other hand, I kind of love the idea of it being pretty big. I want it to be really cozy.

I'm taking apart one of the first hats I ever made and adding it to the project. I'm doing this because, honestly, the hat sucks and no one would ever wear it. I shouldn't hold on to things that suck and serve no purpose just because I made them. Sure, I'll stick a wonky hat on my head. But there is wonky and then there is nonfunctional. Anything that is falling into the nonfunctional group should be dismantled and made useful again. It will help to declutter my life.

Anyway, that's where we are on the blanket. It isn't moving as fast as I would like, but I think maybe I'm purging a lot of emotion as I'm working on it. I knew I would, but perhaps more is happening than I realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment