Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Giving Credit

I  think that maybe MAYBE I'm starting to adjust to DST. When I woke up this morning, I wasn't inclined to kill anyone. That's actually a little amazing because when I woke up, it was to my roommate informing me that the toilet was screwed up. Is there any worse news to hear in the morning when you haven't peed in hours?

My roommate thinks he's no good at plumbing, but he's actually very good at it. For one thing, he has a pretty good idea of what is within his capacity to fix and what isn't. For another, when he does fix something, it usually stays fixed. Most people are so ignorant of  'them fixtures with water in them' that they would have no clue if they could fix or not, much less the knowledge and skill to actually do the repair. My roommate has far more skill than he gives himself credit for.

I'm actually really impressed that he can do this stuff. I certainly can't. He's done repairs on the toilet, the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink, and the bathtub. I'm sure he would claim it is just minor stuff, but when you consider how much money that saved us, it's not minor at all.

I'm always very impressed by the plumbing voodoo. I'm also very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment