Friday, March 25, 2016

The Bad Weather Gamble

It's Good Friday and for me, it actually was a pretty good Friday. I had some personal goals today and I accomplished them. I also napped really well and that was awesome. I've not been super great at that kind of thing for a while. One day of minor accomplishment is grand.

So our van has this issue on the passenger's side. It's really difficult to get it to switch over to hot air when winter comes. Once we finally get that side to blow hot air, we basically have to keep it that way until Spring. Any day when it's warm before that, you basically have to just tough it out. Well, last week we assumed we were in the clear for warmer weather and switched the stupid thing back to cool. Now I'm facing several days of 30s in  the morning. Sigh. This is going to suck.

I'm sure it's one of those things that could be fixed, but given that there is a solution to manage the problem (even if it isn't a great solution), I just can't justify spending money on it. When it breaks completely, sure, but for this? Nah.

So this means I'll spend some uncomfortable mornings in a cold ass van. Sometimes the gamble on the weather pays off. Other times, well this happens. But with weather as unpredictable as ours, you never know.







No comments:

Post a Comment