Saturday, March 19, 2016

Needles and Comfort

One of my cousins posted a picture of her son with his favorite blanket. It happens to be the baby blanket I made him. This is the second time someone has said their kid loves the blanket I made them. It is kind of remarkable thing to have created something that someone else loves.

One of my other cousins is pregnant now. I should probably start on a blanket for her kid. I would do it now, but all I have is itchy yarn. Nothing nice and soft for a baby. It's been a while since I've knitted anything, but a nice knitted baby blanket is the best.

It makes me sad that I didn't do one for my best friend's baby. When she was pregnant, I was still in the nightmare of the cancer stuff. In it or recovering from it. Instead, I gave her MY baby blanket, the one I had as a child. It means a lot that I was able to give it to her, but I still wish I would have felt well enough to make her one. I would do it now, but she has blankets in abundance.

Anyway, I think I'll look at patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment