Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Bitters

I've been having a lot of the bitters lately. Not biters. No one is biting me. No, this really is me just being in a generally bitter mood about everything. I almost talked myself out of seeing a movie by a director I love until I watched the trailer and realized I was being a bitter old bitch about it.

Then there was this convo with my best friend.

Me: I have to eat dinner with my family this weekend.
Her: Why?
Me: My dad is having his birthday. Hopefully it won't take too long. Thankfully it's in town.

Yes, I was seriously being this bitter about having dinner with my family. Dinner with my family. That isn't something to be bitter about. It isn't like it is dinner with my mom and grandma, which I never enjoyed, because, wait for it, they were both so bitter about everything.

Anyway, as I was explaining this to her, I scrolled past an FB meme that said, "A poem about me. I hate people. I wish I was drunk. The end."

If you notice me being bitter, realize I'm not meaning to be harmful. I'm probably not even aware I'm doing it. I'll certainly endeavor to be less bitter though I'm not sure how that will work out.

Maybe I'll just turn into a pickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment