Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Small Experiment

I was curious about some surveys that were recently done by the Powers that Be who create The Sims. I looked on one of my old discussion boards to see what the surveys were asking, as this is usually an indication of what expansions may be in my future. This got frustrating really fast because no one could get a straight answer because of all the people who showed up just to bitch about the fact that Sims 4 exists. These people hate it and love Sims 3 and think it is still the best game blah blah.

I decided I would go back and look at Sims 3, just to see how I felt about it now. Was it really the better game? I had it installed on the current computer so I opened it up to play around for a bit. Now, see, what is interesting about this is that I have far more expansions on Sims 3 than they've put out for 4. The current version of the game has only put out three major expansions. I have like 6 or 7 of the many expansions 3 put out.

Now, I understand this is different for everyone, but after playing 3, I will say that I like 4 far FAR better. The graphics are better. I like the way the sims are set up. I like the way the game flows. I like the way you can alter how people look. Honestly, I like all of it better. Even the things I thought I missed about 3 just felt cumbersome to me when I tried to mess with them. I've adapted to the new game and I'm very happy with it.

Like I said, I realize that not everyone will view it this way. There are probably people who still love Sims 2 the best. For me, I'm thinking 4 is probably the version I've enjoyed the most. Given that I knew I wouldn't be playing it anymore, I went ahead and deleted 3 off my system. I can always get it from Origin again if I want to, but I doubt I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment