Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Placebo and Not

I've managed to keep up with the Castor Oil treatment for a few days now. I took another picture and while I think I'm seeing some difference when I look in the mirror, I'm not sure I saw it in the photo. That could either be a trick of the light or just placebo effect on my part. We'll see how things continue.

While I did avoid the general discussions on FB today, I still went to some of my groups. I'm in one where people discuss articles over human microbiome research and I didn't want to miss anything that might have been posted.

One article talked about how it seems that oligofructose supplements help to handle inflammation in fat cells and might help people to lose weight. The research suggests the oligofructose will sate certain microbial colonies and make people less interested in over-eating. Oh, and speaking of the placebo effect, one of the interesting things about that research was that people in the placebo group showed no changes.

Oligofructose supplements are also often used by dietetics because even though it is a carb, it doesn't mess with blood sugar levels at all. Between sating hunger, not raising blood sugar and helping to promote healthy bacteria, this could be promising for a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment