Friday, March 10, 2017

The Witness

This is my last night of Fall hours. Tomorrow night, the clocks will be set forward. I shall lose my hour and everything starts 60 minutes before it should. I hates it forever, as I have, every year on this blog since it began. Actually, I've hated it every year since I knew what it was, but I've been bitching about it every year since the blog began.

Speaking of which, sometime in the next two weeks, I will be reaching my 2000th post. I'm at 1993 right now. I would say I'll reach it in a week, but as dreaded Spring Forward is starting, I might miss a day or two. I'm reasonably sure I'll manage 7 posts within two weeks unless something horrible happens. And, you know, it might.

Unless I die, be sure I'll blog about the horrible thing. That's what I do here. This blog is my witness to my life. It's where I talk about my theories and my passions. It's where I sort through the pain and confusion of the darker stuff that happens. It's how I process my grieving. It's how I process my joy.

I don't put everything on here. Sometimes my most angry and frustrated moments end up on Anonymous Confessions. That's healthier. There are moments when you need to yell and scream into the Void. Best to do that in a way that drifts away from you, given that what one feels in the moment may not be what one feels in the light of day.

Aside from that, everything else goes here. This is where I hash out my fears. This is where I detail my happiness. This is where I make a few sentences on days when I'm just barely scraping by. Sometimes this blog gets all my spoons. Sometimes it gets the very last one I have in the day. Whatever the case, it's always who I am and what I am in that moment.

I encourage you to blog. It's a great relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment