Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bitchery and Snark..........Then Gratitude!

It's been a frustrating week.  There has been rain and more rain.  Loss of internet connection that felt like it lasted a million years (but actually only last 24 hours) was accompanied by the perpetual and predictable computer failings at startup. There is a need for house repairs (due to rain) and the rush to get said items for house repairs, only to find more items were needed, more money spent, and then the putting off of house repairs as it is too wet to complete them.

Panicking hurry-up-and-wait is my least favorite dance. Which is quite ironic, because it is a dance I find myself doing all too often.

I didn't go to therapy because things were too slick and nasty and wet and bridges were out and storms were still happening.  I spent the day cold and aching because I'm apparently becoming one of those old people who gets to relive all injuries whenever the weather is bad. I will now give out the world's most sarcastic yay.........yay.

On the other hand, I'm working on the goals I've set.....I'm doing reasonably well.  My paperwork has all gone as it should. The storms seem to be slowing down.  People love me and were concerned for my safety.  My house was not blown away by storms.....nor did any other houses mistake me for wickedness and drop onto me. Most importantly, I didn't have to go in the cellar.

Compared to most people, my last several days have been easy. My house isn't underwater or smashed by trees.  My pets are all safe and nothing has been destroyed by hail.  My sense of humor is even still functioning.

And yes, I know this post is random and complain-y, but when you're stressed out and tired, it's difficult to be clever and creative.  You know, assuming I am that normally.  It's still a post though, and every day I post is another bit of my thoughts out there for the masses.

All four of you. Hi!


No comments:

Post a Comment