Thursday, April 7, 2011

Is This what Yoda Meant by Midi-chrolians?

Oh look! I'm in a good mood!  The flying pigs must be dropping shit on the ice skaters in Hell.

No, really, I am in a good mood and I hope I remember to go back to this post again and again.

A letter to the sad people:

Hi there.


I know you feel really lost. I know you feel useless and all alone.  I know you feel like no one gets you, like nothing you do matters.


This isn't the case.  You are very important. You are useful and you are doing something with your life, right now, in the very moment you are reading this.


You see, there are somewhere between 500 and a 1000 species living inside your gut.  There are probably that many living on your skin.  You have organism in your saliva, in your eyes.  Bacteria, fungi, and archaea survive and thrive because of you.


Your provide life and comfort for millions of bits of life. You are their landscape, their shelter, their food source.  You are an ecosystem, the one central factor in the brief lives of so many.


This is a beautiful thing.


So on those days when you feel down. and wonder if you've ever mattered at all, remember you do. You matter so much to so many life forms.  You are important.  You are a provider of life. You walk through this world providing a place for so many.  They owe their existence to you.

Love and kisses,

BHB*


I hope that makes you feel better. It made me feel better.  Until tomorrow, enjoy your time with your microflora.

*Blackhaired Barbie, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment