Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Night List: A Week of the Better

As you all know, last week was hell on wheels for me.   My Friday list consisted of things that actually were positive about the Vicious Week of Sucking in hopes for a more positive week to follow.  I got that.  In fact, a lot of really cool things happened this week.
  1. My Sister-in-Law brought me pie.  It's not so much that I got to eat pie, which was very nice, but the fact that she included me.  My SIL always includes me when she does stuff.  She always makes me feel welcome and like I'm important. I know a lot of people get crazy/horrible in-laws, but somehow despite all my other family craziness, I was blessed with a very sweet SIL!
  2. I got to see a friend I've not seen in a while.  She just lives across town, but we tend to not really have a lot of time to spend with each other. It was very good to see her and hear how her family was doing.  Oh, and also:
  3. The reason she came over was because she was doing spring cleaning and decided she had too much cookware and that the lucky recipient of said too much cookware would be me.  This was such a lovely and unexpected surprise. It was so nice of her to, like my SIL, think of me.  It meant a lot.
  4. Someone I am close to is realizing the value and importance of his writing.  His blog is a documentation of a condition in a specific type of location.  I think for anyone out there who is suffering from this condition, finding his blog will be both education and comforting.  I think he's seeing this now and realizing how important it is that he is reaching out in this way.
  5. I found this.
This video has blown me away. I love it so much. It's inspiring and beautiful, haunting and truly one of the most perfect videos I've ever seen.  I saw it like late night before last and I've watched it a million times since. Love it.

Yes, it was a good week.  Here's hoping next week is even better for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment