Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Commitments

This has been an interesting week.  I've been doing a lot of research and a lot of thinking about things. I have some answers, some more discussion, and some decisions. More importantly, I have some commitments.

I think to a lot of people, these first commitments would seem very small, possibly too small to even matter.  However, to me, to someone who most usually doesn't commit to anything, they are very big and very important.

First of all, I am committing to at least 20 minutes of physical activity a day.  Twenty is the start and the minimum.  This will be added to as I can handle.

Second, I am committing to going back on vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is amazing at decreasing my appetite, cleaning my skin, and keeping my blood pressure good.

Third, I am committing to staying hydrated.  The last thing I need is dehydration because that always sucks.

Forth, I am committing to taking my meds.  I'm pretty good about this already, but I want it written down as a commitment anyway.

Fifth, I'm committing to meditation.  I'm not good at this.  But one of the things I'm written about before was how I don't have a real connection with my physical body.  I know that it is very needful for me to make this connection and spending time each day concentrating on it will help so much.

Sixth, I am committing to logging all of this on a daily basis.  Even if I fail at part of it, even if nothing happens....I want a log of what I did, so I know where I stand.

To me the most important, and hardest one to maintain, is the log. It's easy to blow off something you've said you'll do every day.  It's easy to just for get about it, think you'll remember at the end of the week, and then just not do it at all.

I need to do it though.  I need to keep track of what I'm doing.  I think one of the reasons I keep getting off focus of my goals is because I let my mind slip away from them.  By logging my progress or lack there of, I can see what's really going on, where I'm really faltering. I can assess why things didn't go as plan and formulate ways to make them happen.

Failure in weight loss, after all, isn't a forever thing.  That's the beauty of it. You can fail day after day after day and then still be able to change things once you understand why you failed.

I will fail again. On some days. I will fail with certain commitments.  However,  this time, instead of just blowing that off and eventually assuming I just can't do this, I plan to keep evaluating my situation. I plan to keep altering and changing things until I can make this happen for me.

I will make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment