Friday, June 1, 2012

Hotness on Hold

When you consider that this time last year we were already revving up for the Summer from Hell, it makes the weather of the last couple of days all the more sweet.  I know that entering June with cool temperatures used to be common, but that just isn't the case anymore. This is probably just a respite from what is to come, but I'll take it and be grateful.  After all, there is so much to miss during the hot months.

For instance, I have a cat sitting right next to me. She's purring and demanding attention.  She's also receiving this attention because I know when it gets hot again, she'll want nothing to do with me. I'm not sure how other people's cats are about this, but during the summer, when mine are hiding out and ignoring us, they go kind of crazy.

Seriously. They'll run strangely and walk through the house making random, unrecognizable noises. They give everyone odd looks. They jump at nothing. They even jump OVER nothing. All of this is entertaining, but they also stop eating as much.  My cats never gain much weight and during the summer they start to look kind of scary, all hipbones and stuff.

Okay, I have to amend that. When the brown cat first started living with us, she took full advantage of regular meals. That winter, she looked like a sausage on legs. Once it warmed up again, she slimmed down. Since then, she's maintained a more healthy looking winter weight.

With this cooler weather though, I'm getting to look at my cuddly, cute kitties for longer. Maybe a few more days of chill in the air can help to stabilize some cat brain cells and keep them away from becoming the Town Council of Crazytown for a few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment