Monday, June 18, 2012

Topic Control: Super Powers

It is topic control day and as you know, this means what I will be talking about was not something of my choosing.  I was asked, "If you had any super power, what would it be and why?"

This is actually I've thought about a lot. I mean, of course I have. This is me, after all. Over the years, I've had different theories about what I would want the most. Being able to move objects with my mind is always a contender. There are a lot of great things you can do with that. Teleportation is excellent too. No more worrying about auto insurance. I wouldn't want to read people's minds, because I would either be offended or bored most of the time. Though, with that bit of pessimism in mind, I have decided what power I would like to have, over all the rest.

If I had the super power of my choosing, it would be the ability to make people not see other people. If I'm going to have a power, I would want it to be a grand power. One that I can use on everyone in the world at once if I need to. And that power would give me the ability to keep certain people from just not seeing those they would harm.

If someone is a slaver, they would never see anyone they could make into slaves.  They would never see other people, really.  Other people would be around them, but they would only be marginally aware of them. Just enough to keep themselves alive. They would never see anyone clearly enough to be able to capture them.  Pedophiles would never see children. Children would just seem like other adults. If it was a situation where it could only BE a child, they would just glance in that direction, but not pay that much attention.

Any crazyfuck who wanted to kill people because they believe/act/look different, would never see those people. They would assume everyone around them really was just like them....completely acceptable.  They could work along side each other and not realize how different they were.

On a more personal basis, I would be able to make one person not see the other. If someone was stalking you, I could make it to where they never noticed you again. If someone was threatening you, I could make it to where they could be speaking right to you and never realize it was you. People could begin to live their lives in peace.

It would also help in less drastic situations. Say, for instance, there was someone you work with who liked to talk to you all the time, but you did not wish to speak to them ever again. You know, that person who isn't rude and isn't threatening you, but you certainly find boring and would rather eat glass than listen to for another second.  I would make it to where this person never noticed you again. They'd just go on their merry way and bother someone else . . . until that person asked to become unnoticed by them as well.

I realize there might be some problems that arise from it. Admittedly, I don't have all the kinks worked out.  Still, wouldn't it be nice if you could live in a world where you never felt threatened or targeted, a world where you would never have to listen to people witness to you or ask you to take their stupid survey? Honestly, I think it would be kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment