Friday, September 7, 2012

Bravery and Other Foreign Concepts

This isn't going to be a huge post, however, if you're interested in reading stuff by me, go here.  I entered a story story contest and this is primarily what I did today.  You have no idea how absolutely nervous this made me. It's been so long since I entered my fiction in, well, anything. For many years, I'd lost faith even in my ability to write. I credit blogging with the renewed ability to write again.

I'm also becoming more brave. Bravery isn't a concept I'm very used to. I tend to just immobilize and do nothing. Too much PTSD over the years. Lately though, I'm trying to be a braver person, even if it's just shutting my eyes and jumping. Okay, not literally. The idea of me jumping is kind of horrifying. At least for right now.

Anyway, I have no expectations about how well the story will do. I love it, but of course I would. We'll see how it does. The important thing is that I entered a contest again.

No comments:

Post a Comment