Thursday, September 20, 2012

Notes from the Overground

I didn't post last night because I was working on another project. I thought I would have time for both, but it didn't work out that way.  Admittedly, I could have started the other thing earlier, but there were other things going on, like me dicking around with Facebook games. Ahh, I do that way too much.

Still, I'm quite happy I was even in the place where I was working on two projects at once. That, for me, is a new thing. In fact, more and more of my time is becoming productive time. Which, okay, I still spend a lot of it just doing whatever, but there is progress towards nonwasted minutes. Awesome.

For instances, yesterday I did morning exercise, some minor housework, had coffee with a friend, had a fun time with my roommate, and worked on my writing project. Oh, and yeah, dicked around on Facebook. I was also in a rather good mood while doing all of this. I know a lot of this is due to the fact that I'm taking my meds again (better living through chemistry, donchaknow), but I think more of it is due to my changing thought patterns and philosophies.

Oh, speaking of Facebook, I know I complain about the silly messages that people post constantly, but I saw one the other day that I really want to embrace.  It said, "Sometimes when you don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, it's because you ARE the light." I'm not sure what the message was supposed to be.  However, the way I see it, this means that if you don't see a way towards your goals, it's best to remember that you ARE the way. You are your own best source of guidance. You are the one who can lead you to the places you want to go.

So as I am coming into the Fall season, what will I be my own Light towards? Strength. Balance. Supportive of myself and others. Creative. Organized. Funny. Brave. Wild. Beautiful. This is where I am leading myself. I'm damned proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment