Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sick Desires . . . And Less Sexy Than You would Imagine from the Title

I'm still not feeling all that well. I was squicked out by various foods today and had a bunch of lights floating in front of one of my eyes . . . even when I had it shut.   About the only thing I can eat with reasonable happiness are dairy products. This is quite strange, as they usually are the last thing I want to eat when I'm ill.  I managed to get my part of the trash out to the curb, but that was about the extent of my physical activities. It was still more than yesterday.

I need to get my hair cut. I want to bleach it blonde, but my roommate keeps giving me the stinkeye about that.  Mostly because he would be the one doing the blondening. I have no idea where this want to be blonde came from. Maybe just the fact that I've never been blonde and one of the perks of keeping my hair short is the fact that I can basically do what I want to with it and it doesn't matter because it's going to get cut soon anyway. So yeah, I want it to be blonde for once. Just for a little while. Just to say it happened, just this one time. Then I'll make it dark again and all will be right with the world.

I don't want it to look realistic blonde either. I want it to be trashy blonde. Trailer park blonde. Punker blonde. I want it to be bleached within an inch of its life and just left to burn away all color until nothing is left but just hair devoid of pigment.

I want scorched earth hair.

So yes, this is my life right now. An ill woman who can only eat dairy and crackers with any kind of peace. A woman who wishes for scorched earth hair.

Maybe in a few days, I'll be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment