Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sickly

Last night around nine, I started to feel really bad. Like, horrible. I wandered off to  bed, thinking a longer night of sleep would help me. It did not. Instead, I developed this horrible fever and spent the night wrecked in fever dreams . . . meaning I was waking up about every 20 minutes to switch positions, toss, turn, or stagger off into the bathroom. Honestly, it was the worst fever I have ever had. My body felt like it was boiling.

Today was sketchy. I couldn't eat breakfast and only at saltines and peanut butter for lunch. Dinner was yogurt and honey. About an hour ago, I finally managed to eat, with some happiness, a sandwich. Clearly I'm on the mend, but it's been a rough day.

It didn't help that it was hot today. This close to October, I should be in cool temps!  That didn't happen. I think it was in the 90s most of the day. That really did not help my feelings general ickiness. Even despite the heat though, I napped some today and feel more alive after it. Hopefully I'll actually sleep tonight and not just toss and turn in sick-fever-limbo.

So yeah, short post. Hopefully tomorrow things will be back to my usual rantings.

No comments:

Post a Comment