Monday, September 3, 2012

Fluffy Clouds And Other Survival Tactics

I realize my posts have been lacking of late, but it got hot again and I've been ill. The weather is playing horrorshow on my ability to breath and sleep/think/function. I'm just going to let this ride for a while though because I know the weather will be changing soon enough, at least I hope it will. I'm still working on getting out of this depression slump. It's not been easy but I think I'm starting to see the light of day again.

Until then, I'm just trying to keep my life as fluffy as possible.  This isn't always that easy because it's not like one can completely control what is happening, but I do try. I'm also trying to blow a lot of stuff off. People quite often say stuff that makes me so angry I'll just stew about it for hours.  Right now, I'm just letting such things slide . . . this is never easy during an election year.

One of the big problems with depression is the aspect of hopelessness it brings. You get into this place where you feel like you have nothing to look forward to at all. When you feel this way, it helps to make a list of things that you want to do/see/have/experience that are going to be happening soon. And  I shall now do this for myself.

  • The Sims 3: Supernatural is out today. It has new vampires, werewolves, witches, fairies, and zombies!  I want this expansion pack so badly and it will be mine . . . one way or the other.
  • Cooler weather WILL be happening within the next several weeks. This means I can pull out my hoodies and live in those for the next several months. It also means we can close up the house and I don't have to play Guess The Bug That Just Crawled Through the Window.
  • My best friend throws a killer Halloween party. 
  • Colder weather also means the cats will get cuddly again. 
  • The fans will go away for a while, which means the house will be quiet.
  • All the trees will start getting their Fall colors. I love that.
So see, even my depressed self came up with some good reasons to find the happy.  And I know it sounds silly to do this kind of thing, but it really does work for a bit. Of course, you have to be on the somewhat upswing for it to work well . . . but we're getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment