Saturday, September 22, 2012

Goodbye, Summer 2012

Dear Summer of 2012,

Many of your hot sisters of yesteryear have been quite horrible to me. During some summers, I suffered with horrible sunburns. Other summers, I languished in intense heat. Most of them have been harsh, unforgiving, and cruel.

However, you, my dear Summer of 2012, you I shall remember with fondness.  You were mild, at times, even gentle. You were forgiving at moments, allowing for rains and cooler nights. You never killed off all of the plant life outside, so the animals could flourish and thrive. I thank you for that.

Moreover, I think you because it was during your time of the year when I began to very seriously work on my health. Your hot days saw me walking the driveway.  You heated the hot stones of the porch that I sat on between reps of doing my stairs. You were my challenge, but, not too much of a challenge. I thank you for that.

Summer of 2012, I somehow managed to actually accomplish a lot during you. I as busy with projects, busy with goals, and busy having fun with the people I love. Thank you for not ruining that with heat and despair. Quite kind of you.

Many summers of my past have melted together, much like crayons will melt if you leave them out too long in the back of your car during August. You will stand out though, Summer of 2012. I will remember you with fondness and pride. I wish you well on your journey. I'm quite sure you feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment