Saturday, April 26, 2014

And I Wonder, Still I Wonder

We're supposed to have crazy bad storms tomorrow. A lot of sources are predicting tornadoes, huge hail, flooding, the works. As I've mentioned before, this kind of thing never scares me. It often does annoy me because my power gets shut off and my internet goes down. I really don't want any of that to happen, but it will probably be unavoidable.

Mostly though, I just hope our outdoor pets are safe. I'm not worried about Clem. He's presumably smart enough to hide in the storm shelter. Our birds though . . . this could get dangerous for them. I know that birds are designed to weather storms, but I can't help but be concerned, especially when they make the coming weather event sound like it could drop houses on people.

In any storm though, there is always hope . . . hope that things I don't like will be swept away! I have a list. First and foremost, I hope the storm destroys the motherfucker machine.  As I've mentioned before, this is the horrible loud machine on the block down from me. The man who owns the machine is apt to run it at any point in the day (sometimes, even at night). I truly don't believe the machine serves any purpose other THAN to make noise. If it somehow dies in the storm, I'd be quite happy. He also has a horribly bright light (the motherfucker light) that the storm can get rid of. That light is brighter than the sun and points towards my windows. If it somehow disappears, I would be very happy.

I could go on about things I want gone, but those are the main two. I'm sure Ol' Boy has insurance on the motherfucker machine and can easily replace it. The motherfucker light can be replaced by whatever dark magic he used the first time he captured a solar flare. He'll probably even be happy to do the ritual again.

No comments:

Post a Comment