Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Day After

I'm in less pain than I was yesterday. I'm feeling less violated and horrified by the whole process. This is probably a good thing because I have to go back next month. Hopefully no one will stick anything inside me or do anything that requires dilation. Eek. The bleeding has slowed down to almost nothing. Hopefully it will be gone soon and I can resume my life again.

Today has been really frustrating. I read an article about how the GOP in some states is trying to make it harder to get a divorce and in other states, they want to launch criminal investigations if women miscarry or have babies with birth defects. Way to be limiting the government there, folks. Great job. Whenever I read about stuff like this, the prospect of me getting my uterus sucked out seems all the better of an option.

Anyway, my body is recovering and I'm less emotionally broken about what happened yesterday. I was pretty broken about it too. I do not LIKE to show myself to others and I certainly do not LIKE for them to insert long sticks into my person. I watched a informational animation about the procedure and that did not help at all. Though I DID find out that some people given out painkillers first. That would have been nice.

Actually, painkillers would be nice most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment