Friday, April 18, 2014

Loathing of Flies

Tonight, we had a slight plague of flies. Okay, ten, which I think in a Biblical sense isn't quite a plague, but it was close. Microplague. Whatever the case, that many flies in a brief amount of time is disturbing. There was nothing normal about these flies either. They were huge and black and nasty. Their possessed very loud buzzing abilities. They evaded the swatters.

When flies of this size and microplague level show up, it always makes me nervous. I always wonder if there is some dead body of something stuck in the walls, the flies having been born in its festering body and grown into fat and happy adulthood within he corpse. My head fills with visions of hundreds of dead mice in my walls. Mice or rats or snakes or all of the above. The thought of my walls being nothing but a refuge for things that slither and die is not one I wish to have.

Then my mind turns to the other reason why flies show up in droves. Demonic possession. Yes, if pop culture has taught me anything, it's that whenever you have demons lurking around, they attract lots of flies. Personally I don't get that. No one likes to have flies crawling on them and the demon feels whatever the human is feeling . . . or so they say. Maybe they don't because twisting someone's head around all the way probably doesn't feel that great.

The thing is, I'm not sure who the demon would be possessing. It's not my roommate. I don't think it's me because I haven't had any urges to try and become a contortionist. Maybe one of the cats? Tinkerbell's been a little more crazy than usual. No, couldn't be her. She's the least likely to puke and the demon would want one of the pukey cats. Those two have been sleeping waaay to much to be possessed.

Though, I guess the demons could be possessing some of the mice or rats or snakes or other things that are slithering around in the walls.

Okay, why did I have to think that?

No comments:

Post a Comment