Saturday, August 16, 2014

Good Things

Today was full of hormonal depression and some levels of anxiety. I could talk about those, but I'm going to try and loop my brain back into the good stuff. It isn't easy. Sometimes, it doesn't work at all, but I still keep trying because quite often that is all I have keeping me stable.

I met my movement goals for the day. I walked. I peddled. I did leg lifts. I did some stuff with my arms. I even brought in groceries, which was a bit of added movement. Yay! There are days when I don't feel like accomplishing my movement goals. There are days when I am in too much pain to do them or the weather prevents me. Today was not one of those days. Today, all goals were met. This is awesome.

I noticed a different pattern in how I think about food. I am starting to actually like certain healthy things more than my usual junk that I crave most of the time. The best part about this is that I'm not faking it. I'm not pretending that I want the certain healthy stuff more. I actually DO enjoy it. Having to not pretend to want something is great. I'm very glad these changes are sticking.

I laughed a lot today. Despite the fact that my roommate and I were depressed and stressed out about things, we kept our conversation going. We laughed. We kept ourselves entertained and calm. We pushed past the negative stuff we were feeling and found nice places to keep our minds.

I'm very proud of what I accomplished today. I may not always have days when I can accomplish these things, but as for today, they happened. May there be more days like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment