Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sim Disappointment

I downloaded the free demo of The Sims 4's Create a Sim. I wish I could say I was deeply excited about what they've done, but I'm not. I found two, and only two, aspects of the demo to be an improvement and in any way exciting. The rest of it was the same, boring, or severely limited compared to past versions.  When Sims 3 had so many variations of texture options and patterns and the range of colors for any piece of clothing and unlimited color options for hair, to go back to something with so few options is so depressing.

I'd more or less decided not to buy the game, but this certainly confirmed my opinion. No pools. No toddlers. No house building. It's taking away so much of what I love about the game. I just don't see the point.

That makes me sad. Sims has been part of my life for a long time. I've spent the better part of my 30s playing the game. I made up stories. I created beautiful houses. I tortured sims without mercy . . . well, only sometimes. Quite often, I loved my sims. They were adorable to me. They were my moving little dolls. The game has gotten me through so much stress and pain and heartache. It was my comfort, my dollworld distraction.

I'll still have my Sims 3 to play with, but I guess, unless things drastically change, I won't be getting 4. I'll miss the game, but I just don't want to put that much money and time into something that looks like a downgrade to what I had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment