Friday, August 29, 2014

Rain, Recovery, Progress

You would think that it raining and cooling down would have made things really great for me today. I thought it would as well, actually. I was wrong. Somehow, the weather just managed to make every part of my body ache and protest. I didn't do as much exercise as I intended and my nap was unpleasant. Overall, I was pretty disappointed by how the weather made me feel.

I have to admit, this summer has been mostly mild. As I've said before, that has been a blessing for me, considering the surgeries and stuff I've had to deal with. I really shouldn't complain that things have been unpleasant at the end of August, but the heat has profoundly affected me. Then again, any change in weather, especially extreme ones, can cause issues when one is in recovery.

The scar on my arm is still in the process of leveling out. This process is slow, but I'm seeing more flat bits every day. I don't think it will ever look NORMAL, but then again, I don't think anything about me does . . . or should. What interests me about the scar flattening out is that it looks so healed and complete. To go from open wounds held together with staples to skin with no lines on it at all in such a short amount of time amazes me.

Speaking of progress, I did NOT look at the neighbors when I was out walking today. I was a good girl and kept my thoughts on the road and on nature. NOT on what they were doing. So go me. I may not turn into my grandmother yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment