Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Organizing Plans

I finally got all of my holiday gift lists ready. I had some trouble this year. It isn't that I don't want things. I certainly do. I just usually want things that are outside the range of what my gift-givers can afford. Basically though, once I get these gifts in, I can rearrange my office area (which is also basically part of the living room) and have more room for some crafts stuff.

As you will notice, I just mentioned one area of the room as serving many functions. Ideally, I'd love to untangle that and have just a separate space for all the functions, but that isn't possible. It gets even more complicated because this is also my landing area for my purse and electronics. It's also where I eat.

As I said, I can't separate all of this, so when I started thinking about how to organize it, I accepted the fact that it would continue to be a multifunctional space. I'm getting a metal shelf and assigning a shelf for function and moving the two-tier cart that I have right now as a side table. I can use the shelf in the cart as the new home for my purse and 'to-go' items.

It isn't like the space is non-functional now. It just isn't as functional as it could be. I know I'm an organization geek because you have no idea how excited I am about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment