Saturday, October 17, 2015

The New Old Box

When we moved into the house, the majority of my grandma's old kitchen stuff was still here. Most of it just got stuck into storage or shifted into the laundry room. At the time, and to be honest, even now, I really didn't have the heart to go through all of it.

Recently, my roommate was looking through some of the plastic storage items and found an old Tupperware piece. It's blue with a clear(ish) lid and has four separate spaces inside. I'm guessing it was either used for a lunch carrier or a way to separate hamburger vegetation (pickles and onions in the smaller spaces, tomatoes in the slightly larger one, lettuce in the longer space). He had no use for it, but knows I enjoy things like this. He put it in my room and told me to do whatever I wanted with it.

For a couple of weeks, it just sat there. I really had no clue what to do with it. To be honest, I didn't even really give it much thought. At least, not until I made my Christmas Organization plans.

Suddenly, could think of tons of things to do with the container. I knew it would be so helpful in what I wanted to do with my office/landing/dining/crafting area of the living room. That's the thing about organization. It can inspire further levels of organization! It's like a good cult!

Right now, the Tupperware container is part of my catch-all system. It's holding items I may need at a moment's notice and don't want to have to search through anything to find. Pens. Notepad. The mascara brushes I use for cleaning. Crochet hooks that are currently in action. Lip balm. I hate having to search for this stuff and it's great to know exactly where it is.

I am very pleased with this new little box. I'm so glad my roommate brought it to my attention because I think it's going to help to make things easier for me on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment