Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Nice Days

I've been working on what people would consider an unsuccessful blog for many years now. I get very few readers. If I get more than ten people, I'm shocked. When I get more than 20, I actually feel a little nervous. I think most of the time, only my friends and my government watcher read the blog. And I know that in my 20s, this would have been enough for me to get frustrated and quit.

It's different now. I understand that the value of writing like this is the actual writing. It keeps me in practice. It keeps me disciplined, as much as I ever am about anything. Most importantly, it allows me to document my life. As I get older, I need that more and more.

I don't put everything in here. There are a lot of ways in which I self-edit, mainly because I believe self-editing is a skill. I know a lot of people believe in being blunt and just saying whatever comes to mind, but I sort of look at talking like puking. Yeah, sure, there are times when you have to do it, but a considerate person finds a place where there can be easy clean up. All too often, people think they can puke out whatever the hell they want with no consequences. They never notice someone else is having to clean up from whatever they said. And no, that isn't some passive/aggressive aim at anyone.

Anyway, that's where things stand for me now. I'm happy with the blog. It's keeping my mind active and gives me a way to remember my life. That's helpful when the stressful events tend to overshadow the nice little days. Today was a nice day. My roommate and I saw a fun movie and had a really good time out of town. It was exhausting and I had a bit of a panic attack, but for the most part, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment