Saturday, November 28, 2015

Holiday Hibbies

I'm not good at being around other humans. In fact, I really suck at it. It's one of the reasons why I feel pretty happy about my ability to entertain myself. People write a lot about introverts. I'm not really an introvert. I'll talk, as long as there aren't assholes who are talking over me. I can be entertaining around the other humans. I just kind of hate it.

Whenever I'm around other people, I just feel drained. I feel exposed and violated. I feel scrutinized by them when they keep asking me questions or making comments on what I'm doing. It's like I can't even sit and just BE without feeling like I'm being watched. Judged. And while I know this happens every holiday season, while I know I try my best to just roll with it and not let it rip me to pieces, after every time I have to spend time with the other humans, there is always days of this.

I honestly don't know how people handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment