Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Ten Facts about Me

It's been a while since I did one of these, and I always do enjoy doing them. In fact, even if you don't blog, I think that on occasion you should write lists of facts about yourself. Too often we get lost to who we are, to our history, and to our wants and needs.

1. My favorite color is red. It's not just a color I like, I actually have a pretty intense obsession with red. If I have a choice, I will always pick red things. I love red flowers. I love the look of red velvet. I will always ALWAYS believe that red candies taste the best (even if all the candies taste the same). My favorite soda is actually Big Red. It's just hard to find.

2. Despite it being my favorite color and looking rather good in it, I most often do not wear red. I don't even like red accessories. I don't own any red nail polish. I don't wear red lipstick. I have one red hat, but it's kind of an off red. My clothing is all black.

3. Still on the subject of color, it annoys me to NO END that people associate girls with pink and boys with blue. What in the name of hell is THAT? My gender doesn't even get a primary color? Pink is a passive form of red. A more socially acceptable form of red. It's red that doesn't threaten people. Having said that, I actually own some pink things . . . but they're pink and black. Pink and black is subversive.

4. My favorite number is four. Like red, I'm pretty obsessed with this number. To me, fours give order to my universe. Fours are an elegant building block for everything. Fours are more solid than twos.

5. As you may have guessed, I assign emotional weight and personalities to numbers. 1, 4, 5, 7, and 10 are masculine to me. 2, 3, 6,8, and 9 are feminine. One is rather neutral and stays away from everyone else. Two is the mother of all the other even numbers. I love twos because they are the mother to my fours. Three is four's best friend. Five is four's other friend who probably has more money than four. Six is four's sister, but also five's snitty girlfriend. Eight is the stable, oldest sister of the evens who keeps everyone in line. Nine is eight's wild best friend. Ten is some college guy.

6. This assignment of numbers continues on. Every number has a personality and station to me. I am seriously not making this up. In fact, I'm not sure I made any of it up. I have always believed this about numbers.

7. I think songs written in 3/4 time are haunting and elegant. I've never heard one that I didn't adore.

8. I think everyone possesses Hidden Truths inside them. I'm pretty sure those Truths are different for everyone. I'm not sure we should tell people these Truths and many times, I'm not sure we ever know them ourselves.

9. Once I found out that we have lots of microbial life living inside us, my whole perspective changed. I stopped looking at myself as just a person and began to view myself as an environment. Some days when I am deeply depressed and feeling that I would be better off ending things, the fact that I am an environment keeps me going.

10. Part of what is my own spiritual reality is that I believe every one of the other nine statements I made somehow relate to each other. I believe that the environment that I am, the color that I love, the way view numbers, the music that haunts and delights me, and my concept of Hidden Truths are all connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment