Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Post

Even though I was in a lot of pain today, I still  managed to help some with the preparation for Thanksgiving dinner. We made some lemon bars for my roommate. It was the first time the toaster oven kind of worked against us. The recipe was counting on a large space between the bars and the top of the oven. We didn't exactly have that for them. My roommate will be eating them with a hard candied top. That's what we're calling it.

I said I'd talk about things I'm thankful for and I've yet to do that. I thought maybe I'd try a small list tonight.

  • I am thankful we have heat in the house. It costs us money to make that happen, but it did happen. 
  • I am thankful I've fallen back in love with crochet. I like knitting, but it can frustrate me. Crochet can frustrate me too, but usually less so. 
  • I am thankful for our cats. None of them like me enough to sit on me at the moment, but they're sitting across the room from me and give me lots of entertainment.
  • I am thankful for the help that people give me in my life. I know I wouldn't make it all that well without a little help from me friends.
  • I am thankful I am loved. I am also thankful I love the same people who love me. 
  • I am thankful I have gained a deeper understanding of the love my grandmother had for me. That's been a lovely thing to realize. 
  • I am thankful I still continue to write this blog. I enjoy it quite a lot and I know it's good for me.
  • I am thankful for my friends and for my family and for the people who have become both. 
  • I am thankful for my life. I may not enjoy it every day, but I'm thankful I still have it.
Anyway, that's my basic list. I hope you have a lovely holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment