Thursday, February 11, 2016

Documenting the Damages

I spent the day kind of milling around as little as possible. My leg still looks horrible. My nose looks somewhat better. Bruises are starting to show more now. My eyebrows hurt, and that's a very strange sensation. I still have moments of being woozy, but those are few and far between.

One of the reasons why blogging is so vital to my life is because it's my basic way to document what's going on. I tend to note when I'm sick or when injuries happen. If I really needed to make a record of how many times I'm ill in a given span of months, the blog would be a great tool in how I did this.

When I had the surgery on my arm a couple of years ago, I used my iTouch to document the healing process. The injuries I have right now look scary enough that I thought it would be a good idea to document them as well. Until my leg and face are healed, I'll be taking daily pics of them. If something goes wrong, I have a record to show to the doctor.

I think it's very important that we keep in mind that items we tend to view as merely for entertainment are also tools. The television is a tool for news, weather, and education. Communication devices like computers and phones are tools, for communication, clearly. Anything that takes pictures is a tool. There are many different ways for us to use them.  Documenting your damages can help you keep track of what's happening to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment