Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Preparedness in Defense of Being Around Myself

The van was making weird noises last night so we decided to drive it around some this morning and get some errands accomplished. Before we left, we took the trash out. It was earlier than we would normally do this, but I knew neither of us felt all that great, so it was best to handle when we had the energy instead of later when we possibly might not.

To this end, we also shopped for food that would be easy to cook. That way if all the energy was gone by the time dinner rolled around, it wouldn't be so hard to get something together to eat.

So, I was prepared about possibly feeling tired and drove the van around as a precaution to make sure nothing was wrong with it. I had to be out of the house early tomorrow morning and if something was going to go wrong, I wanted it to happen while I had daylight. I also set the ice scraper and gloves in the passenger's seat so I wouldn't have to dig for them in the morning. So, so prepared . . .

What I didn't count on was getting my shoe caught on the edge of the stoop and smashing my face into the wall. I also didn't count on  falling to the ground and scraping open my leg on the driveway. All that happened, of course, and I'm sitting here typing with no glasses on (the ones I was wearing are now broken) with cuts on my swelling face and cuts on an aching leg.

However, I am grateful that I didn't break anything (well, jury's still out on my nose), that I was able to get up off the ground, and that all that other stuff I did before I left is already done. I certainly don't feel like doing it now.

The rest of my plans for the week are shot though. I feel bad about that because it puts others in a bind. Nothing we can do about the falls in life though.

No comments:

Post a Comment