Wednesday, February 17, 2016

No Chains

I was sitting against the wall, sleeping that way because my bedding was pretty jacked up. It was around 4:30 AM. My roommate went to the bathroom and then told me that the toilet handle was broken. I was kind of only marginally aware of him saying this. He asked if I knew how to flush it without the handle. I said I did, but I forgot that our toilet lacks any kind of logical or reasonable chain to pull. When I went in there later to try and flush, I had no idea what to do.

I just don't understand why we, as poor people, have a toilet that doesn't have the BASIC and most rational flushing system. How does that make any sense?

My roommate, who is more handy than he ever gives himself credit for, was able to fix it. He had to kind of snag it together because, well, like I said, the innards of the toilet make no logical sense. Right now, it's flushing, but we're kind of being delicate with the handle. More than likely, it will break again because it clearly needs some kind of special parts that aren't easily found.................because of course it does. Sigh.

Hopefully it won't break in the middle of the night agian.

No comments:

Post a Comment