Friday, September 9, 2016

Furniture Dread

It's supposed to rain and get cooler tonight. I'm seriously in favor of this. This weather is awful. I'm tired of being sticky and it needs to end. I'd like my autumn now, thank you. This has been one of those days where I just couldn't get comfortable. The sad thing is, there are a lot of those days.

Recently I was asked the order in which I would want things to be improved for fat people. Doctor's equipment, clothing, furniture, and cars. I said furniture first. There is a lot of reason to say clothing first, because, in terms of comfort, it's best to work from what is closest to you and move outward.

The furniture thing popped into my head first, however, because it's a constant issue. Almost all of the stuff I sit on is uncomfortable. When I go out to eat, I always have to worry about how uncomfortable the seating will be. Every time I have to go to a new place, there is a slight panic about the furniture situation. It makes me a difficult friend to have, because there are many times when I will opt out of going some place because I know I'm just going to be uncomfortable.

I honestly can't imagine what life would be like to just always assume you'll be fine on whatever furniture a place has to offer. That is a privilege I don't have in my life. The idea of being able to go where ever I wanted and know my body would be accommodated is honestly the most lovely of thoughts. Ugh, it's actually kind of depressing me because that SHOULD be the way it is (because thin people could still sit in the chairs that held fat people too), it isn't. Any 'going out' situation is always one of dread for me.

You know what helps ease the dread? Cooler weather. I'd like some of that now, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment