Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Lurker

I don't live in a massively big house, but it's decent sized. I have three bedrooms, a kitchen, a large living room, a laundry room, and plenty of windows. One would think that all that space would be enough for three cats to find their own spot to hang out.

And yet, I have two cats that want to lurk in the bathroom. For a while, it was the kind of zombie one. Now it's the white one. There is honestly no reason in  the world why they would do this, other than to annoy us.

The bathroom is the smallest room in the house. There isn't really a great place to sit. It's often wet. It gets a lot of traffic, which means the cat will often be disturbed. Plus, you know, people do unpleasant but needed things in bathrooms. You'd think this would be the last place a cat would want to be.

I needed to take a shower. I walk into the bathroom and there sits the white one.

"Out." I tell her. She glares at me.

I rattle the shower curtain. She hates plastic. "Out." I receive more glaring, but at least she leaves. I get into the tub and step on something. Now this is the cat that sometimes has trouble remembering where the litter box is so I panic just a little. Assuming the worst, I raise my foot. Not poo . . . but it IS a cat treat.

Sigh.

She needs to find a new spot to lurk.

No comments:

Post a Comment