Friday, September 16, 2016

The Best Laid Plans Crashing into Reality

When we moved into this house, one of my goals was to set up the file cabinets, organize actual files, and make sure that all important paperwork was in order. I honestly thought I had accomplished this.

And yet tonight, when I go to find an important legal document, it is somehow NOT in the file marked for it. In fact, it is nowhere to be found at ALL.

I'm really kind of beside myself about this. It would be one thing if I couldn't find the thing in a massive clutter of unorganized paperwork. Lose a document in the big irresponsible mess? That's just what you get.

But no, I lose this thing after going through the EFFORT to actually organize everything, tag hanging files, and situate the paperwork . . . you know, like adults are supposed to do. If I was just going to lose it anyway, why bother going through all the work? And trust me, setting up a filing system is work.

Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment