Tuesday, September 13, 2016

When Trees Attack

Sorry I didn't blog last night. My body is kind of a wreck right now. The electric company has workers clearing tree limbs out of the way of the lines. This is a good thing in theory. It means we're less likely to lose power. In reality, however, it sucks.

The equipment is loud and jarring. They usually start working before seven and continue far into the day. The equipment is also huge and somehow ALWAYS on whatever street I need to turn on. I realize both of these things are First World Problems, but they still annoy me.

I could handle both of those if this wasn't making me sick. All the wood particles and leaves and pollen and god knows what else in the air has caused one hell of an allergy reaction. My throat feels raw. My eyes won't stop watering. Occasionally I'm blowing blood out of my nose. My roommate and the cats are just as bad. It's painful.

I know the limbs have to be trimmed, but I will be really glad when it ends. Living with the noise and inconvenience is one thing. Living in an achy, swollen sinus hell is just unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment