Monday, February 27, 2017

Glory

I watched Tim's Vermeer this weekend and loved it. A lot of people don't believe it's real. Many believe the whole thing is a hoax, but I think there are some things that someone just can't fake. There is this one part where Tim actually gets to see the painting he plans to reproduce and the pure joy and elation on his face and in his voice is, well, quite frankly, it's beautiful.

If I ever get married, I believe it would have to be to someone who has felt that kind of awe and love.  I've felt it. I've seen things that just floor me emotionally. There are things people an do with yarn that are true works of art. I believe having that kind of appreciation for something changes you. When you see someone else experiencing it, you recognize what they are feeling.

My best friend saw her favorite band in concert a few years ago. We were in her car and one of the songs they played came on. She said, "Yes, I heard this live" and the awe in her voice was that same kind of spiritual connection that I'm talking about here. Even though I wasn't with her when she saw them, I knew the kind of life altering experience it was. There is almost this kind of hum inside you, like a fuzziness behind your eyes. Your heart really feels full and your mouth is wetter than usual, as if you've sated a craving you didn't even know you had.

I hope everyone experiences this at least once in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment