Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Kitties

I said I would post one of the cats I made. Instead, I ended up posting the smaller kittens. These are for my aunt. I made them out of bits and pieces of leftover yarn from baby blankets.  Aren't they cute and happy?

One of the things I love about making these cats is that it's impossible to be in a bad mood when you do them. Making their little faces just causes me to smile. I needed that. I needed something that would just really help me find the light again.

I'm always a little mystified by how the same pattern can yield such diverse results. Even though they all have basically the same idea to them, none of them look the same. They don't even look exactly the same size. To me, this uniqueness is part of what makes toy creation such a magical experience.

I never plan the faces. I just let them happy as they happen. Sometimes this works. Other times things get redone because even for me it turns out too wonky. I'm happy with these three, though. They really have personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment