Friday, September 29, 2017

September Box Hair and Skin Care

Wow. It's really taken me a long time to get around to doing this. Between my box arriving late and the heat making me too annoyed to mess with it, I've just about run out of days in September to talk about the box. It's okay though. The way things wound up, I really only have about two days' worth of posting anyway.

The first sample was ALGENIST POWER Recharging Night Pressed Serum and normally it costs 95 dollars. With that in mind, this stuff should work wonders. It smells really good and I enjoy the idea of it. It feels good when it goes on my skin, but I by no means look younger yet. Mind you, it's not been ten days. It says it takes that long to see results. I'm not really expecting much. I look at it this way . . . if they developed some product that really made people look that much better, it would be shouted from the rooftops. The serum makes my skin feel nice. I doubt it will ever make me look younger.

My next skin care product is BELIF The True Cream Aqua Bomb and it's a far more reasonable 22$. This moisturizer is one of those products that people use in a lot of ways. Some people use it just to prevent the daily drying of the skin. Other people use it as a primer. Others put a thick layer on and use it as an overnight mask. I have a CPAP mask so that last one would not work for me. However, I have enjoyed it as a way to just wake my skin up during the day. It tingles a little and has a rather refreshing feel to it. Is it the best skin product I've gotten? No, and I certainly wouldn't use it as a primer. It's nice though.

Instead of sending a perfume sample this time, I was given a small duo packet of stuff for my hair. It was IGK Hot Girls Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner. Both sell for 25 dollars. Now one thing I didn't like about this product was the packaging, which was both difficult to handle and sharp on the edges. Now if this was going to be opened when someone had easy access to scissors, that would be one thing, but most people are going to open shampoo and conditioner samples while in the shower, with wet hands. That always needs to be considered.

As for the products themselves, I liked the subtlety of scent. Both products were thicker than normal and left my hair with that feeling it has when it's washed in water that's too hard. I thought it did a nice job on my hair, but when I was reading comments, I noticed that anyone with longer hair complained about it tangling and causing a lot of problems. So perhaps it's a better product for people with shorter cuts.

Of the three, I like the Aqua Bomb the best. Now mind you, if I do look 15 by the end of ten days, I will certainly change my mind about that. I just don't believe that will be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment