Thursday, September 21, 2017

Sleep Drama

Possibly the only thing worse than having to be up by five and trying to sleep in a hot, humid house is having to be up by five, sleeping in a hot, humid house, and waking up at 2AM with a hot flash. It was one of the worst ones I've had in a while. Not only was it in my hands, it was in my head and belly as well. By the time it was over, I was exhausted. Unfortunately, it wasn't the kind of exhaustion that sends you back into sleep. That would have been kind of impossible anyway, seeing as my sheets were completely soaked by this point. Hot flash, night sweats, nausea. It's the trifecta of menopause hell.

I'd love to say my day got better but it didn't. I feel like I've been beaten by soap in a sock. The only good thing is that I can sleep later in the morning so I don't have to drag my ass to bed so early. The later I can stay up, the cooler it will be. The cooler it is, the better chance I have of actually sleeping for a while.

This should not be happening in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment