Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Bit by Bit

I broke down some boxes today and organized some more aspects of the room. It was A Process. Not the boxes, they were easy. The rest of it, however, proved to be more challenging.

I'm in this place now where I've culled out the stuff I can live without (actually I probably kept more than I should have, but I can't prolong this forever) and am now trying to find new homes for things. My goal at the moment is organization, function, and lightness. I want the room to feel as open and light as possible. I want it to feel lived in and thoughtful. For the longest time, it's just felt like a sad, random jumble of stuff.

I folded my winter blankets and put them away, then decided I would put them in a different place. This freed up some space for me to remove some storage boxes from the living room. THAT made a major difference.

So yes, progress is still slow, but it's also still happening. The differences, even of a few inches, feel significant. I'm very happy about the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment